Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottrobik
Level 7

How To: disconnect my serviio media server from the Roku media player

I have been using the Serviio media server to listen, play and display personal content from my Apple laptop on my home TVs. I recently decided to try a different media server and have been unable to disconnect the server. All attempts to disconnect/disassociate the server with my Roku media player I feel I've tried everything (exited the server, uninstalled server, rebooted Roku device and even restarted wifi network gateway router. The player does not seem to have any configuration settings that would allow a direct disconnect to be forced so I am lost (I connected Roku support and they suggested simply uninstalling and reinstalling the media play app (seems like an old PC problem-solving solution of "reboot" to fix problems that cannot be explained.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: How To: disconnect my serviio media server from the Roku media player

Scott, I answered your question in the Serviio forum. There is no hard connection between RMP and Serviio until you're actually streaming media. Roku does not cache or store DLNA server information. It is refreshed every time you open RMP. If Serviio isn't available, it won't be listed in RMP. See my response on the Serviio forum for further info: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24912&p=119718#p119718
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Re: How To: disconnect my serviio media server from the Roku media player

Yes, what Dan said. Currently whenever RMP starts up it sends out network packet telling all local DLNA servers to respond if they are available. Your serviio server is still running if RMP is able to find it when RMP starts up.
0 Kudos