Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

How I registered for CBS All Access 3 month Free Trial

I purchased a Roku Premium last month and qualified for the 3 months free of CBS All Access offer.

However, I found no useful instruction for activating this, and receive no help from CBS All Access support, who insisted this was strictly a Roku issue and the following cryptic email from Roku support.

"Thank you for contacting Roku.

We understand that your account was signed up for a 30 day free trial for CBS All Access instead of 3 months. Don't worry! you can still avail of the 3 months free trial. All you have to do is to cancel the subscription you have with us and sign up directly to CBS All Access (https://www.cbs.com/all-access/) using the promo code below.

Promo code: rokuretailfeb2020-voe7

Please click on the FAQ link below and follow the steps on how to cancel the subscription.

https://support.roku.com/article/208756478-how-do-i-manage-or-cancel-a-roku-billed-subscription-

Regards,
Roku Customer Support "

Because I created a CBS All Access account already, I was not able to apply the code on that account.

In order to make this work, I had to create a NEW CBS All Access account and apply the code under the "Have a coupon code?" link on the payment method page. Then I removed the channel from my Roku installed channels, and added it back using the new CBS All Access account.

I do not know whether the above code will work for you, but perhaps the process I had to follow is of some help.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: How I registered for CBS All Access 3 month Free Trial

Well I hope they dont double charge you. I dont think

removing a Premium Channel insures they dont charge for it.

Definitely keep all pertaining Docs

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is it really possible to get 3 months CBS All-access free trial? I check there official website but they are offering an only 1-week trial. Is there any other benefit of having CBS all access as I have Hulu live TV already and looking for websites to watch series online. I've selected Netflix for on-demand content as they have the best library when compared with any other streaming service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I did indeed cancel my subscription on the original CBS All Access account.

As far as I can tell this would be billed via CBS All Access, not Roku, as this was how I registered my Roku device and the code I used was on the CBS All Access account.

Is always wise to keep the documentation,  thanks for pointing this out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

That is the strange part, the offer itself could only be found on the Roku web site, not the CBS All Access site.  The code had to be used on the CBS All Access site when creating a new account, but the CBS All Access support people I spoke with denied knowing anything about it.

At best, I believe this could have been documented far more effectively.

But yes, I was able to make it work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for posting, but unfortunately this didn't work for me. I also had a prior account on CBS, but had never subscribed or used a free trial. I signed out and created a new account, as suggested, but the coupon code was rejected when I got to payment, with the message "Invalid coupon". Would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. Thanks!

0 Kudos