Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hotstar App does not play in my Roku. Any help

When i open hotstar app on ROKU, the app opens up but any videos that i want to play once i am in the hotstar app , the video just crashes and doesnt work. My Roku is connect to Sony Bravia. Any help / pointers to what may have gone wrong. Hotstar was working for almost an year before it stopped working suddenly and i have no clue.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Hotstar App does not play in my Roku. Any help

Have you updated the app? Highlight it in home press Star* update.

Its a Premium Channel you should contact them directly.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, I’m having same issue. How did you resolve the problem?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@madhavankv @Prisincar 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Hotstar support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hotstar channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.hotstar.com/us/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Happens to me too. I opened a case with hotstar, but they have not been super useful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I reached out to Hotstar and this is what they had to say "Hi! We do not support Roku devices. We have Chromecast, FireTV, Apple TV for big screen experience. We also have our app for Android TVs (OS 7 and above) , Samsung TV (Y'16 and above) and LG TV's (Y'18 and above)". 

0 Kudos