Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Home Screen Ads Too Scary For Kids

Is there a way to eliminate or select certain ads that I want to see/hide? In the last two days, my 5-year old daughter has turned on the TV to see a Predator ad with a disembodied alien head and a Halloween ad with a masked Jason closeup. I'm wondering if there's a "family friendly ads only" option available for the home screen. Thank you!

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Home Screen Ads Too Scary For Kids

I would love to know how to do this, too...
Especially the scary creeper one that makes my 8 year old freak out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Shudder ad on the home screen???

Why why is a horror ad for shudder on the home screen?? I use your product as our main app for all TV. My kids who are under 5 were very scared of your ad. Seriously why would you do that.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Home Screen Ads Too Scary For Kids

We are currently exchanging emails with Roku regarding this issue. Our 6 and 2 year old get scared by them and Roku is creating difficult situations to caregivers...and in the midst of a pandemic no less.