Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mezrein
Level 7

History channel broken

Hey guys, me again with another issue. Last week my history channel app worked perfectly, last week starting on Friday, 8/17/18 i could load the channel, but as soon as i tried to watch a show it would drop me back to my home screen. Ive tried the following

Reboot
Logout and back in on the app
Removed the app, rebooted then reinstalled
Verified no new updates.
Confirmed history channel itself works on my phone

System info:
Roku 4 HD
Firmware: 8.1.0 Build 4131-17

Halp?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
kinnder4
Level 7

Re: History channel broken

I am also running into this issue with the History Channel app. I tried linking my account from two separate providers, the linking works, episodes are all unlocked, but when I play any episode, I get a "user not authorized" error. This seems to only be an issue with History Channel, as I've tried Food Network and Travel Channel, and those work fine.

-Roku Streaming Stick+, software version 8.1.0, build 4155-50
-History Channel Version 22, build 6
0 Kudos
Mezrein
Level 7

Ok, so its not history channel as a whole, its just Mountain Men that seems to be broken...
0 Kudos
kinnder4
Level 7

Can we get an update on this, please? This is still an issue, and it's super frustrating. Thanks!
0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 7

Since the issue appears to be with History Channel programming, why don't you ask them for help?  https://history.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
0 Kudos