Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

History Vault Subscription Transfer

Jump to solution

I subscribed to the "History Vault Roku channel" originally on my Roku device (through my TV) because of the trial period. I enjoyed it so I decided to continue my subscription...BU.....I signed up for the service online at historyvault.com. My subscription doesn't seem to be valid on my Roku app on my Mac. I got it working through my TV, but on my Mac it continues to ask me if I want to pay 4.99 to start another free trial again..Is it possible to use my sign in credentials on my Roku App on my Mac if I signed up for channel on their website? Seems like I should be able to do so as I can sign in on all other non Roku devices as well (phone, tablet, historyvault.com, apple tv).

Any help with this would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: History Vault Subscription Transfer

Jump to solution

I spoke with a customer service representative the day before last and we sorted this out. History Vault became accessible through my Roku device (TV) after deleting the app, reinstalling, and signing in with the user name and password that was purchased through www.historyvault.com. As far as my Mac, the account must be accessed through the web on historyvault.com, NOT the Roku app on my Mac..This is fine as far as I'm concerned (although it would be nice to access all subscriptions through the Roku app on my Mac)..but I am satisfied now the History Vault account can be accessed through the TV and on my Mac through the website. Thanks for your attention..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@rpmayfield 

Thanks for the note.

Are you trying to watch the History Vault channel within The Roku Channel on your Mac? The only content that you will be able to view on your Mac is content that is within The Roku Channel, and not other channels that would be accessible on your Roku device.

If you are trying to watch content from the History Vault channel on your Mac, have you tried signing into your account on https://www.historyvault.com/ and watching content on their website?

Please clarify what you are trying to accomplish and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I spoke with a customer service representative the day before last and we sorted this out. History Vault became accessible through my Roku device (TV) after deleting the app, reinstalling, and signing in with the user name and password that was purchased through www.historyvault.com. As far as my Mac, the account must be accessed through the web on historyvault.com, NOT the Roku app on my Mac..This is fine as far as I'm concerned (although it would be nice to access all subscriptions through the Roku app on my Mac)..but I am satisfied now the History Vault account can be accessed through the TV and on my Mac through the website. Thanks for your attention..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos