Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

History Channel ads freezing up

I just added History Channel and am so frustrated trying to watch programs! Five times now the ads are freezing up: it has happened during the interactive ads and the "regular" ads. Also have had the "regular" ads get stuck and repeat the same one over and over. All instances I have to exit History and reopen, then I have to search for the the episode and try to get back to the place I left off! No other channel has ever done this, have had Roku for over a year.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: History Channel ads freezing up

I never heard anything from Support or Community but wanted to report the apparent fix: I changed the Privacy -> Advertising setting to "Limit Ad Tracking" and now all seems to be running fine. Normal ads are still popping up but only 1-2 at a time and no Interactive Ads. The bizarre multiple repeat ads are no longer occurring. Kinda sad/disappointed that I received ZERO Support or Community help on this, I can't be the only one who has suffered this irritating problem! Hope to help someone else before they throw their Roku away.

Highlighted
Level 7

Hey there. I just read your post and was hoping you could answer a question for me. What is your issue only in the history app or across all of your Roku apps? If your problem was just with the history app where did you find the settings that you changed for the ads? I can’t seem to find any settings inside the history app that add related.

thanks in advance for your time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having a similar issue to the one described here.  I no longer have the option to do the interactive option on History Channel, but when the ads play, and the show starts, the ads start cycling again.  In other words, I have to watch the ads twice.  AND frequently the segment replays itself a second time.  I tried the privacy suggestion mentioned earlier, but to no effect.  To answer the second commenter, it is only History Channel on my box.  I have reloaded and reauthorized the channel.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue, I contacted history, they gave me a laundry list to report back to them. I would say contact them the more people that do the more they will know there is a problem. You get the contact info under the menu section in their app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What’s the answer to solve this any suggestions?

0 Kudos