Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moorewmla
Level 7

History Channel ads freezing up

I just added History Channel and am so frustrated trying to watch programs! Five times now the ads are freezing up: it has happened during the interactive ads and the "regular" ads. Also have had the "regular" ads get stuck and repeat the same one over and over. All instances I have to exit History and reopen, then I have to search for the the episode and try to get back to the place I left off! No other channel has ever done this, have had Roku for over a year.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
moorewmla
Level 7

Re: History Channel ads freezing up

I never heard anything from Support or Community but wanted to report the apparent fix: I changed the Privacy -> Advertising setting to "Limit Ad Tracking" and now all seems to be running fine. Normal ads are still popping up but only 1-2 at a time and no Interactive Ads. The bizarre multiple repeat ads are no longer occurring. Kinda sad/disappointed that I received ZERO Support or Community help on this, I can't be the only one who has suffered this irritating problem! Hope to help someone else before they throw their Roku away.

0 Kudos