Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdmac29
Level 7

Hip Media channel

I know this is an old app but recently it quit working.
The error I receive is “Authentication Failed” Reason:Error parsing returned XML

I use this with my go flex home and I have triple checked my login info and app that is right.
I can access the home with the roku media player with no issues.
Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
socantra
Level 7

Re: Hip Media channel

I'm afraid I can't supply much help, but I can verify that its not a universal problem with the channel.  I've had it for years and am currently using it on a TCL-Roku TV running v8.2.0 build 4167-08, a Roku express (3900) running v9.0.0 build 4116.51 and even an old Roku1 (2710) running v9.0 build 4114-06.  I verified that all are working today and we used the channel on the Tcl-Roku for several houes yesterday, as we do most days.

You might try the standard  1. uninstall, 2. reboot, and 3. reinstall (don't forhrt step 2). That seems to be successdul for a lot of channel issues.

If that doesn't help, "marcelo.cabral", the channel developer is still active on the forum, posting in the developer forrum just today. a PM to him might bring some help.

Good luck. On the bright side for you , I have never been able to get the Roku Media Player working with my Godlex Home, but I suspect that's because the Hipseve(hipmedia) channel has worked so wonderfully over the years that I've never really gone to the trouble to configure RMP properly.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
jdmac29
Level 7

I tried deleting the app but I can't reinstall it. I get an error message on my roku. 
I tried to go to the channel store online but it wants me to pay 99 cents again. 
I did install the hip media lite version but I get same error from my first post. 
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"jdmac29" wrote:
I tried deleting the app but I can't reinstall it. I get an error message on my roku. 
I tried to go to the channel store online but it wants me to pay 99 cents again. 
I did install the hip media lite version but I get same error from my first post. 

If you bought the app under the same Roku account as before, you should not have to pay for it. Go to https://my.roku.com/account/purchases and see if the app shows there. If so, let Tanner know what you're encountering (PM him the details).

If it's not on there, you'll need to be sure you didn't create a new Roku account somewhere along the way. If you bought the app on a previous account, it doesn't transfer to a new account.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos