Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Helping getting Hulu and prime video

I would love for an actual person to email me so that I can get Hulu and Prime Video added to my account. I have been trying for months and these posts don’t flipping help!!! I have a ROKU account, I have a ROKU express, I have a Hulu account and I have a prime video account! Why the heck can I still not watch either on my ROKU!?! This is beyond frustrating!!!! Please help!!! [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Actual HELP!!!

Do you mean that you can't add the channel;s to your devices via the "Streaming Channels" option on the Roku Menu?

Are you having the same issue when you try to add them via your account on the Roku Website?

I have these channels on each of my devices:  3500X, Roku 4, and Roku Ultra -- is your device older than any of these?

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Different Roku models have different capabilities. Many channel apps require the enhanced capabilities of newer models and cannot be installed or run on outdated ones.
What model Roku do you have (not just model name but model number as several Roku models have similar names)?. Check via Settings > System > About.

[Edit:  Oops, sorry.  I missed where you said you have a Roku Express.]

Prime Video:
Prime Video is available for Roku 2 (except for models 2720x and 27020EU), Roku 3 (except for model 4230x), Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (except for models 3400x, 3500x and 3500EU), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+ and Roku Ultra as well as Roku TVs. (Source: https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/prime-video)

Hulu - check this website: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/supported-roku?language=en_US

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

BINGO!!  Could not agree with you more!  Go to BBB with an official complaint if you don't get help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hiya! Roku Express is enlisted in your list of models that Prime Video will work on. I have one, have added the channel , launched but as soon as you play a program it restarts immediately and every time. And going to channel store too, keeps restarting. Getting frustrated now as this freaking product is not cheap to be owned and not give you a satisfying service. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

The "freaking product" is cheap to purchase and free to own.  I hope you didn't pay someone to activate.

Highlighted
Level 16

If youre having issues with Premium(paid for) channels

by all means contact that Channels Support Directly.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos