Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with slingtv

I have a Roku3 and my daughter a stick . Slingtv was working great till about 10’days ago and won’t connect. Called slingtv about 8 times and always turn off or reinstall etc . Basic crap. Does anyone have any ideas what to do . I have the app on my phone and iPad and works great . Took the phone over to my friends and we tried it on his chromecast and played on iPhone and as soon as we tried to cast it big error on the app. Called sling again . Sending it to our engineers . Same thing they said 4 times
About Roku problem.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

Re: Help with slingtv

Here's the proper way to reinstall an app on a Roku. Don't skip any steps. Don't rearrange the steps.

1. Remove the app.

2. Reboot the Roku.

3. Install the app.

Not saying that will resolve the issue, but if you didn't do it that way, then the reinstall they suggested wasn't completed properly.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

Thanks I tried that after reading the earlier posts. Didn’t help . Tech support has two moves then disconnect you . Signed out on iPad and iPhone and when try to log into slingtv . I get the seven day trial or log in and always error 10-3. Same on both roku’s .
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"jeffsadler1967" wrote:
Thanks I tried that after reading the earlier posts. Didn’t help .

Oh, well. Thought it was worth a shot.
"jeffsadler1967" wrote:
Tech support has two moves then disconnect you .

I have no idea what you're saying.
"jeffsadler1967" wrote:
Signed out on iPad and iPhone and when try to log into slingtv . I get the seven day trial or log in and always error 10-3. Same on both roku’s .

So, if I'm understanding this, you can now no longer log in to Sling TV on your iPhone or iPad? That sounds like either an account issue or a network issue. Follow my reasoning...

You were already logged in on your iPhone and iPad, and everything worked fine when casting to a friend's Chromecast.

That makes me think your Roku needed reauthentication, which it will from time to time, and that authentication attempt failed.

Your iOS devices didn't need reauthentication, until you logged out, and now you're getting an error on those devices.

So, the issue isn't Roku, as you're now experiencing it on iOS devices. That makes me think it's something about your Sling account.

Can you log in to Sling on a computer browser?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

Sorry about the confusion . Tech support has two fixes and if it doesn’t work they hang up on you .

Next slingtv works on iPad and iPhone but won’t wirk on roku. Keep getting the error and won’t lwt me log in on either roku device .

Sorry about the misunderstanding . Typing on phone but big fingers on little keyboard
0 Kudos