Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Help activating HISTORY Channel

I am trying to activate the history channel on my ROku devices. I go to History.com/activate and enter in all the information, it says that activation was successful but the roku doesnt reecognize it or change screens. It just keeps showing the "sign in with provider" screen. I have done this multiple times but nothing works. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Help activating HISTORY Channel

@micjbaron 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had this work before but today 2/13 it isn't working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been having this issue for the past couple of months as well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Im having the exact same issue Ive signed up on tv and online . I went to Roku / settings / and i have system update not restart ? Ive updated but still same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem.  I have Comcast.  Shows I can see using Comcast, I cannot see on the roku app!  Please fix!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@vamanos3 @Ctjames 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact History Channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach History Channel support here: https://history.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos