Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help! I cant add any channels to my new Roku TV

I just bought a new Roku TV because I loved my last roku product, but I want to add channels to my roku tv but because i dont have a payment method it wont let me install any channels every time i try to add a channel a notification pops onto my screen, the notifcation reads as follows "could not add 'name of free channel' account suspended" How do i get free channels without a payment method becasue that was really the only reason i bought the product in the first place. Thank you for your help, warm regards, Justin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Help! I cant add any channels to my new Roku TV

@YoungHeisenberg  Thanks for reaching out. It's possible that there may be an issue with your Roku account that is creating this error. 

As a workaround, you can try creating a new Roku account at https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc 

Then, link your Roku TV to your new account and try adding channels from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos