Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristi72
Level 7

Heartland

Jump to solution

Why is heartland shows being locked when I am paying for a subscription on the up channel.  They used to not be.  Can someone please help.  Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: Heartland

Jump to solution

@Kristi72 wrote:

Why is heartland shows being locked when I am paying for a subscription on the up channel.  They used to not be.  Can someone please help.  Thank you in advance

When there's a problem with a streaming service, Roku usually tells people to remove the tile from the home screen (highlight it and press the * button to have the remove option). Then go to settings>system>power and do a restart. (That's not the same as a power off & on, especially if you have the fast-start option enabled in the power menu.). Then add the streaming service again (Add Channels (+) tile on the home screen.).

If your fast-start option is enabled, you might try the power menu's restart first. Fast-start keeps things loaded in memory which causes problems when something is updated, but the persistent parts in memory don't get updated properly in memory (and then stay that way).

I don't know anything about this stuff. I just thought I'd give you an idea what Roku will tell you (I could have it wrong in some crucial way). If removing/adding the service doesn't work (with the real restart in between), they'll probably tell you you have to contact UPtv. They have a website with a "contact us" at the bottom.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: Heartland

Jump to solution

@Kristi72 wrote:

When there's a problem with a streaming service, Roku usually tells people to remove the tile from the home screen (highlight it and press the * button to have the remove option). Then go to settings>system>power and do a restart. (That's not the same as a power off & on, especially if you have the fast-start option enabled in the power menu.). Then add the streaming service again (Add Channels (+) tile on the home screen.).

If your fast-start option is enabled, you might try the power menu's restart first. Fast-start keeps things loaded in memory which causes problems when something is updated, but the persistent parts in memory don't get updated properly in memory (and then stay that way).

I don't know anything about this stuff. I just thought I'd give you an idea what Roku will tell you (I could have it wrong in some crucial way). If removing/adding the service doesn't work (with the real restart in between), they'll probably tell you you have to contact UPtv. They have a website with a "contact us" at the bottom.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos