Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Having to repeatedly enter Optimum code

I have multiple Rokus, some for non HDTVs and some fir HDTVs. I find that for both type Roku’s, I am frequently asked to enter a code to confirm that I get a particular channel through my Optimum cable subscription. For example, I watch CNBC every day on a non-HDTV kitchen TV via a Roku, and every week I See your message informing me that I can’t access my CNBC content Unless I enter a code online that confirms I get CNBC with my Optimum subscription. This is extremely inconvenient and annoying. I have excellent wireless signal strength because I bought a new router recently so that is not the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Having to repeatedly enter Optimum code

That's not roku doing, its the app owner, wanting to make sure you're still subscribed to your cable service. The big thing now cutting the cord. 

Edmund
0 Kudos