Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acassaniti
Reel Rookie

Having difficulty adding spectrum TV channel to Roku device

Hello. I am trying to add the Spectrum TV channel to my Roku device- Express 4K+. I add it and follow directions and everything and I get to the screen where it shows the spectrum emblem and it displays, “checking your subscription” for a bit and then after a minute or so, it changes to red and disappears.   It does not allow me to reach the login screen to enter my credentials for Spectrum.  Please anyone help??  

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Having difficulty adding spectrum TV channel to Roku device

This is sounds like something specific to the Spectrum app, so you're probably going to need to contact them. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@acassaniti  Contact Spectrum since they develop the channel 

0 Kudos
acassaniti
Reel Rookie

Do I need a Smart TV in order for the device to work? And the Spectrum channel be viewable?? 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@acassaniti  Please contact your Spectrum cable provider for future assistance 

0 Kudos
AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

This is the "nuke it" solution, drastic solution as last resort but worked for me when I didn't want to wait around:   I reset my problematic Roku to factory default and let it update itself to current Roku software.   If it didn't reinstall the Spectrum app I installed that.  Then it would let me log in to Spectrum and all has been well with the Spectrum app on all my Rokus since then.  I think sometimes that app doesn't install right and is corrupted but nuking everything was the fastest way to clear out whatever was wrong with it.

I use Spectrum app on Ruku and on my Android phone and tablets and it works great.  The Roku version is the only one I've ever had problems with.

0 Kudos
Jsmelley
Reel Rookie

My first and 15th call was to Spectrum they are recommending I contact Roku any recommendations on how to reach a represenative

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jsmelley

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ritaswim

I have the same problem. Spectrum had me reinstall their app, but that didn't work. They suspect a problem with ROKU not seeing my subscription. Cannot get in touch with any ROKU support PERSON.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ritaswim

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos