Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SentraJeep
Level 7

Has Sanford and Son been removed from

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shonda45455
Level 7

Re: Has Sanford and Son been removed from

Has Sanford and so been removed if so please put it back

0 Kudos
ric46ace
Level 8

Right now,i believe its only on GetTV,which is available ota or on the Free2View app...Its offcourse on TVOne/Encore or the Starz app.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Different apps -- I suspect you're talking about The Roku Channel, but you never specified -- have different programming available. Apps such as the Roku Channel get most of their content from other sources, such as FilmRise and other similar services. For that programming, Roku Channel is basically an aggregator. Other content, Roku may actually negotiate to carry the rights.

Whichever situation it is, there is a negotiation between a service (FilmRise, etc) and a content owner -- for Sanford & Son, I think it's either Nelson Entertainment or Warner Media, but I'm not sure -- for the rights to stream the show. 

It's frustrating when shows you want to watch are suddenly not available. The good news is that companies usually have another service lined up in case an agreement can't be reached. Based on what @ric46ace said, there are alternative ways of watching it.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos