Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMTsmiles
Level 7

Happy with Roku premium?

I currently have YouTube TV . I can no longer use my Roku device to access my YouTube. 
if you subscribe to Roku Family Sharing plan how do you like it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Happy with Roku premium?

@DMTsmiles wrote:

I currently have YouTube TV . I can no longer use my Roku device to access my YouTube. 

I think you mean you cannot user your Roku to access YouTubeTV, as regular YouTube is still available on Roku.

The carriage agreement between Google (owner of YouTube and YouTubeTV) and Roku regarding carriage of the YouTubeTV app on Roku has expired. Google is demanding Roku turn over users' search requests made through Roku to Google and also that Roku make changes to Roku operating software to accommodate Google desires. To date Roku considers these demands to be unacceptable and an agreement has not been reached.

Meanwhile, Google has added the ability to access YouTubeTV as an option in the regular YouTube app, which IS available on Roku. Sounds to me that Google is willing to forgo the same conditions that are blocking an agreement for YouTubeTV when accessing via YouTube.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Roku Family Sharing plan? Don't know of anything by that name. Apple and YouTubeTV have sharing plans.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Happy with Roku premium?

There's no such thing. Roku does not have subscriptions to anything. You can subscribe to different providers through The Roku Channel, but Roku themselves do not offer anything that requires a payment or subscription. You might have stumbled across some scam site claiming something that doesn't exist, or you're referring to something within a specific channel that has nothing to do with Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos