Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amo411
Reel Rookie

Hallmark not working on Roku

My cable subscription includes the Hallmark Channel, but as of last month, the Hallmark TV app will not play on roku. I have contacted cable server and hallmark…. It is a Roku issue though. I have also tried removing the Hallmark TV channel, doing a system restart and adding the channel back again. Still receiving an error message. I am able to sign in and use the app on my computer and it seems to process on the tv, but the lock doesn’t go away and then I still receive an error message saying my cable subscription doesn't include Hallmark Channel. I’m  hoping you can help.

11 REPLIES 11
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Hallmark not working on Roku

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Though this is happening on the Hallmark app on the Roku platform, it is not a Roku issue.

This appears to be a TVE (TV Everywhere) authentication issue between your cable TV provider (whomever that is) and Hallmark - you'll need to contact both to resolve it (primarily your cable TV provider).

0 Kudos
Djones1

We are having the same problem, did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Djones1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Does the issue only occur on Hallmark or all channels on your Roku device? What was the error message when attempted to stream the channel? If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
Amo411
Reel Rookie

Yes, it’s only hallmark. It states to go to the website, login to your carrier and type in the code. The circle turns on the tv as it’s processing, computer/phone says login successful enjoy streaming, the hallmark continues to have the lock symbol. 

0 Kudos
Amo411
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately no, still not working

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @Amo411.

Please be aware that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication. That is handled directly by the channel publisher. It's best to reach out to Hallmark directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login.

You can reach them here: http://www.hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com/faq.html 

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
YuyuC
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same trouble - with HallmarkTV and other apps.

It's because my Roku is now 10 years old, and this is how Roku gets people to buy new devices. No updates have been downloaded on my Roku since April, even though the system checks daily for updates.  So if Roku won't update the software and the 3rd party apps don't support the old software, nothing will work.  Viola!  All of us with older Rokus which are otherwise working fine have to spend $30-$100 for a new device. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@YuyuC wrote:

I'm having the same trouble - with HallmarkTV and other apps.

It's because my Roku is now 10 years old, and this is how Roku gets people to buy new devices. No updates have been downloaded on my Roku since April, even though the system checks daily for updates.  So if Roku won't update the software and the 3rd party apps don't support the old software, nothing will work.  Viola!  All of us with older Rokus which are otherwise working fine have to spend $30-$100 for a new device. 

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

You also didnt mention your specific issue.

A 10 year old model is from 2011 - they simply cannot run the newer app code fast/completely enough, and it costs service providers time/money/focus to try and make sure their streaming service works with old/outdated app versions, so its understandable when they sunset service to old models/app versions.

Roku isnt in a conspiracy with Hallmark or Amazon or other service providers to try and force you to upgrade to a discounted $10 Express or $30 Express 4K+ (which are relatively inexpensive, if you have to spend $30 every 10 years).

Finally, its not Roku's decision that Prime/Netflix/Hulu (or other service providers) decide to deprecate support for old models/app versions - its the service providers'.  You need to hold them responsible/accountable for their provisioning decisions, not Roku.

0 Kudos
YuyuC
Channel Surfer

To "StreamerUser":

I did state my problem.  What I didn't state was anything about conspiracies or Amazon.  Planned obsolescence (Google it!) is a reality, not a conspiracy, that will continue unless consumers push back. 

Also, your sig states you're not a Roku employee, yet you're making claims about Roku's business intentions, development allocations, and capabilities....