Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanjesh

Why is the Hallmark Movies Now app not working on my Roku device?

Jump to solution

The Hallmark Movies Now  channel on my Roku is no longer working.  I can select a movie but when I try to hit play, it makes the noise but does NOT play the movie. 

I want to delete it and reload it to see if that fixes it, however when I select the channel and hit the * button, it goes to the menu but the remove channel button flashes and turns into Manage Subscription. 

I don't want to manage my subscription, I want to remove and reinstall the channel. How can I fix this? Restarting the Roku box did nothing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bdpopeye
Roku Guru

Re: Hallmark movies now

Jump to solution

We had the same issue. Hallmark told me to;

Levinne (Hallmark Movies Now)

Feb 9, 12:05 PM PST

Hello XXXXXX

You have reached Hallmark Movies Now Customer Care!

We do apologize you're having troubles with our app. I have a few basic steps that might fix your issue:

1) Try logging out of the app and then logging back in

*** Logging out of Hallmark and logging back in fixed the issue for us. ***

2) Try turning your device off and then back on
3) Try reinstalling the app

Please be noted that due to international licensing restrictions Hallmark Movies Now only works within United States. Mirroring from a device to your TV, via an HDMI cord, is not supported on by our site or app.

If none of these work please let me know if you have any more details that can help diagnose your issue that would be helpful.

Please email us at support@hmnow.com if you need further assistance. Our Customer Care Team is available via phone from 9am-5pm PST Seven Days a Week at 1-844-446-5669 (1-844-4-HMK-NOW).

Best regards,

Levinne
Care Advocate
Phone | 1 (844) 446-5669
Email | support@hmnow.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/hallmark

Better to add and remove channels from here.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Sanjesh

Jump to solution

All that tells me it is installed.  How do I remove it from there?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Why is the Hallmark Movies Now app not working on my Roku device?

Jump to solution

It would appear that I'm an Idiot. Couldve sworn you could do it that way.

Anyway go to Home>.Streaming Channels >> highlight it and nuke it.

You can find more detailed instructions here: How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device

0 Kudos
maryndave1999
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We cannot log in at all to watch the Hallmark Movie Channel. I did a chat with support and was told this: A recent update is preventing the activation of Roku devices at this time. Our Developers are aware of this issue and are working to correct it. We will notify you as soon as this is fixed. Please do not attempt to log in to the Hallmark Movies Now app on your Roku device until further notice.

This was last Wednesday and so far no notice.  If I go to the Hallmark Channel, they way me to sigh up for service even though we do have an account. Seems as if our records were at some point wiped clean. 

Really disappointed. This is Micky Mouse stuff. We paid for a service and can't get it and no one on the Hallmark side or Roku seems interested in fixing it. 

maryndave1999
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

One more thing, the remove feature is deactivated. You can move the channel, but not remove it. I  am guessing Roku deactivated it because once deactivated, the Hallmark App won't reinstall until this issue, whatever it is, is fixed. Just a guess. 

maryndave1999
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I finally got my Hallmark Channel back.  It took a call to Hallmark, several actually, to talk to someone who could explain the problem and offer a solution to fix it. 

The problem was a platform upgrade that deleted/cancelled my account through Roku. They found my now gone account and sent coupon code for free year to replace the one I had set up through Roku. 

I had to register all over again but at least we got Hallmark Movies Now back.  

I am really disappointed in Roku's support. All they had to do was explain what happened and provide a number to call to get it back. That's it. 

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hallmark and all Premium Channels are responsible for

maintaining their own Channels/apps.

And in fact they fixed it for you and as youve said.

There are hundreds of Channels.

Glad its working again.

0 Kudos
jo1236
Reel Rookie

Hallmark Movies now still not working

Jump to solution

Hallmark Movies Now is still NOT working for a lot of us. I have been on their Facebook page and get the standard canned answer. Their toll free help number never picks up. They keep saying "we are working on it" but they said the same thing last week. This is beyond frustrating.  Apparently something caused a lot of people's subscriptions to get wiped out and you cannot remove the channel from Roku and re-install as it doesn't give you an option to do so.

Re: Hallmark Movies now still not working

Jump to solution

Same problem.  What is going on?

0 Kudos