Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aprillady
Level 7

Hallmark channel not opening up

Jump to solution

I have an older ROKU little box. My channels all open, except Hallmark. I have uninstalled Hallmark but that still doesn't work. Has anyone else had an issue? Could it be my boxes are too old? I don't know why that would be the issue since I can open Netflix and AcornTV. TYI

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YuyuC
Level 8

Re: Hallmark channel not opening up

Jump to solution

Same for me.  It's because Roku isn't updating the older models, and therefore most apps, including Hallmark TV, won't work.  So you're forced to buy a new Roku.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What model and model number do you have?  Roku menu path Settings > System > About will give you this information.

Hallmark has two different Roku channel apps, Hallmark TV and Hallmark Movies Now.

I have not been able to find a listing of which Roku devices Hallmark wrote the Roku version of their Hallmark TV app to be compatible with.  However, this page for Hallmark Movies Now indicates it is compatible with Roku 3 and later -- perhaps Hallmark TV is the same.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
YuyuC
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same for me.  It's because Roku isn't updating the older models, and therefore most apps, including Hallmark TV, won't work.  So you're forced to buy a new Roku.

StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Aprillady @YuyuC 

The Hallmark Movies Now app updated today 9/7 to version 8.6.58 - check to see if your issue was resolved.

0 Kudos