Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hallmark Movies Now

I have done what  you have suggested but the Hallmark Movie Now will not load the movie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

@kimimhoff wrote:

I have done what  you have suggested but the Hallmark Movie Now will not load the movie.

So, are you verifying that you can log into the Hallmark Movies Now Roku app successfully with your credentials?

And are you saying that even after successfully logging into the Hallmark Movies Now Roku app with your credentials you're unable to get a movie to play?

If so, please verify whether or not you're able to stream things using OTHER Roku apps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was but when I researched online it said only certain Roku work with it so I tried a new one and it works fine now. You have to have certain versions of the roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

More than likely it is related to the software up that ROKU just did. Roku says Hallmark Movies Now jumped the gun and caused the problem of the channel not loading properly. No one seems to be taking responsibility for this problem. I would just like to see it fixed. This is going on the third day.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

@klimasfamily843 wrote:

Hi I could not find this answer in the forum so forgive me if I am asking a repeated question. My wife and daughter want to watch the Hallmark channel.  I dl the channel and it is on my home screen.  When I click on the icon, it takes me to a screen where I have to enter my cable provider information which then leads me to the cable provider and then ultimately says I do not have this option with my cable provider.  I thought Roku offered this channel and I did not have to get authrorization or approval or have a subscription to this channel from my ISP, Comcast.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  thank you.

Ed

There are two distinct and separate apps for Hallmark Channel Linear Cable access and Hallmark MOVIES NOW.

• Hallmark Channel: Requires that you authenticate with a Cable Provider package that includes the Hallmark Channel.
  • Hallmark MOVIES NOW: Standalone subscription service that does not require Cable authentication.

There is little to no content on one that is on the other. If you want LIVE TV feeds of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries that requires the Hallmark Channel and cable authentication. Hallmark MOVIES NOW is a video on demand streaming service. See the FAQ from Hallmark Channel website below:

Q: What is Hallmark Movies Now, how do I sign up, and how much is it?

A: Hallmark Movies Now is Crown Media’s subscription streaming video on demand service, which has a wholly distinct lineup of family entertainment from our linear platforms, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama. Following a free 7-day trial period, the service is $5.99 a month or $59.99 a year.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I spent 30 minutes waiting for Roku support only to find out they can't do anything. They gave me the phone number to Hallmark support, 844-446-5669. I called and a answering machine picked up. No one ever answered the phone. I even emailed the top Hallmark officer I could find, Which was a waste of time. Clearly Roku and Hallmark don't care our channels works or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

If you paid by credit card one thing you can do is to request a credit. I am not having much success either in getting a valid response. Roku blames Hallmark Movies Now for messing up a software update that Roku released. Once they get your money on one wants to take responsibility for the problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Not working even when doing what was suggested. It won't work on my phone either though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've been trying to subscribe to HMNow for two weeks, nothing works, even after talking with customer service. After a do one year and try to input credit card it just pops the same screen back. Can't sign-in through ROKU because it says too many devices when I don't even have one signed up. Says go to manage devices and use trash can to delete one; there is no such thing as trash can. It's amazing I can't subscribe; somethings badly wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The Hallmark Movies Now app was working for us until last week, or maybe the week before. It is almost like our IP address is blocked. 

0 Kudos