Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Hallmark Movies Now

I cannot get it to work. It was fine last night. It keeps telling me to login, tried that then it just did it again, when it does load it wont load movies only watchlist etc

25 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Hallmark Movies Now

We are having the exact same issue with Hallmark Movies Now on 2 different tvs and 2 different Roku players.  Since it's only that station I am having a problem with, I was googling around and 1 blogger said that Hallmark probably couldn't compete with the huge demand for football from the bigger, more powerful stations.  I suspect he is right and I will see if I can get back in when most televised games end.  I just wish these companies would be honest with us so we could stop wasting so much time and $$ trying to fix something we have no control overSmiley Sad

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hallmark Movies Now

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the Hallmark channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Hallmark channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Hallmark Movies Now

Hi I could not find this answer in the forum so forgive me if I am asking a repeated question. My wife and daughter want to watch the Hallmark channel.  I dl the channel and it is on my home screen.  When I click on the icon, it takes me to a screen where I have to enter my cable provider information which then leads me to the cable provider and then ultimately says I do not have this option with my cable provider.  I thought Roku offered this channel and I did not have to get authrorization or approval or have a subscription to this channel from my ISP, Comcast.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  thank you.

Ed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Hallmark Movies Now


@klimasfamily843 wrote:

Hi I could not find this answer in the forum so forgive me if I am asking a repeated question. My wife and daughter want to watch the Hallmark channel.  I dl the channel and it is on my home screen.  When I click on the icon, it takes me to a screen where I have to enter my cable provider information which then leads me to the cable provider and then ultimately says I do not have this option with my cable provider.  I thought Roku offered this channel and I did not have to get authrorization or approval or have a subscription to this channel from my ISP, Comcast.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  thank you.

Ed


I haven't experienced this.  I have the Hallmark Channel app working just fine on several Roku devices.  As long as the login credentials you're using are for a service that includes the Hallmark Channel, it should work just fine.

In my case, my Hallmark Channel access is though my $16/mo Philo subscription.  But I believe the cheapest way to get the Hallmark Channel is with frndlytv.com, which starts at $5.99/mo, or $5/mo with annual payment.

Just to clarify, if you don't subscribe to a TV service that includes the Hallmark Channel, you can't use the Hallmark Channel app on your Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Customer service

question, i have a ROKU and i picked the hallmark app and it asked me to enter an activation code onto a website, then it asks what service i have, i use ATT but just for wifi, or ROKU, but there is no option for that so i cant sign into my hallmark, please help, PLEASE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Customer service

This is a little off the Topic......

What its telling you is that you need to have a Hallmark subscription on a Premium (paid for)

channel. They want money from you from somewhere. Hallmark is available on many Premium Roku Channels, some cheap.

But ya gotta pay.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Customer service


@LaLoca64 wrote:

question, i have a ROKU and i picked the hallmark app and it asked me to enter an activation code onto a website, then it asks what service i have, i use ATT but just for wifi, or ROKU, but there is no option for that so i cant sign into my hallmark, please help, PLEASE


You need to pay for a service that includes Hallmark.  Frndly is the cheapest that I'm aware of and it includes 3 Hallmark channels starting at $5.99/mo, or $5/mo paid $60/year.

https://www.frndlytv.com/
--Frndly TV Channels--
BabyFirst TV
Game Show Network
Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Drama
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
Light TV
Outdoor Channel
PixL
QVC
Sportsman Channel
The Weather Channel
World Fishing Network

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Customer service

I have paid Roku and Hallmark but still can’t get it to download on my TV when I try to go to the website to put my code in it wants me to pay again Hallmark refunded the money the pulled but I have stilled paid for a Chanel I can’t get
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Customer service


@Ottis04 wrote:
I have paid Roku and Hallmark but still can’t get it to download on my TV when I try to go to the website to put my code in it wants me to pay again Hallmark refunded the money the pulled but I have stilled paid for a Chanel I can’t get

I'm having a hard time following what you're saying.

1) What are you trying to pay for?  Hallmark Movies Now?

2) Are you saying that you started a subscription for Hallmark Movies Now twice, once through hmnow.com and once through your Roku?

3) Did you successfully install the Hallmark Movies Now app on your Roku?

4) Do you have your Hallmark Movies Now subscription credentials that you received from your Roku signup?

As you can see, your post was not at all clear.  Please answer my question, and add any other relevant info, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you better.

0 Kudos