Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traveldoc
Channel Surfer

Hallmark Channel - have to keep signing in

We signed up for the Hallmark Channel on Roku 

It worked for months, now - every time we turn on Hallmark it requires us to sign in.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

We LOVE the Hallmark Channel - but this is a long process to click in the email and password every time we watch. 

#Hallmark 

5 REPLIES 5
Kyle22

Re: Hallmark Channel - have to keep signing in

Same problem here too. Making me crazy.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Are you sharing your login with others? Some app developers will make you re-authenticate if it detects a login from a different IP address.

If the credentials are only being used at the one location, then there may be some bad data stored within the app. If that's the case:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

If you have multiple Roku devices:

1. Remove the app from one Roku device
  2. Reboot all Roku devices
  3. Reinstall the app on one Roku device

Don't skip any of the steps, and don't jumble the order of the steps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kyle22,

Thanks for reaching us.

For more information about that channel's account authentication, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hallmark Movies Now support here: https://customercare.hmnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012907987-Want-to-speak-to-Customer-Care-

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Traveldoc
Channel Surfer

WOW, thanks - I will try it (we did NOT share the log in and use it on 2 different TV's in our home, same IP address)

0 Kudos
EnglishJack
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem about having to login each time you want to watch Hallmark Movies Now, or rather my wife is and she is handicapped and losing her memory so can't do it herself. I pay the subscription directly to Roku and I can't find a way to delete the app. On doing a little research it would seem that if you subscribe to a channel directly through Roku they won't let you delete the channel. On 30 of this month I am cancelling my subscription and then intend to subscribe directly with Hallmark. I hope then I will be able to delete the app and do as you suggested.

0 Kudos