Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Hallmark App not working for past 3 days

Jump to solution

Hey @butch79

I hope you're doing well.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact Hallmark Support here: https://customercare.hmnow.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Additional Community resources you might find useful:

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
suitebevy

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. It started with movies stopping just before the end of the show. Nothing like spending a couple hours only to get almost to the end with no way to see it resolved! So, I logged out and was going to log back in. It sent me a code, told me to go online and log in. I couldn't remember my password. By the time I found it, the code had expired. But now the Hallmark channel on the TV gives that blank white page when I press "login".  There is no way to get back to put in or ask for an updated code or to login! I have tried the, removing, resetting tv, re-adding channel solution. It doesn't work for me. 

0 Kudos
Strollem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same.  All watchable content on site has a "lock" and claims it isn't included in our sub, when it works fine after we choose Spectrum and login on the watchHallmarktv authentication site.

(aka - please don't try to tell us its Hallmark, when it works fine on the PC / net)

Bobbie43
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you tried deleting the app and downloading it again or restarting your device. This happens a lot saying everything is locked or that it’s not included with my current cable/ satellite subscription. I normally just restart my device and try to re authenticate it

0 Kudos
Strollem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks Bobbie.

What we have tried:

* Removing app / restart, reinstall, restart. (several times)

* When this didn't work, we even switched to a different ROKU device we have in the house (newer iteration) with the exact same results.

* Watching online (PC / laptop) works fine.  We can stream from my laptop, but it uses a ton of resources, and I'm on my laptop quite a bit for work.

......when it did not work with 2 separate ROKU devices, we began to suspect a spat between our local Spectrum Market, and Roku. We are really at a loss, because as I said - it works online after authentication.

0 Kudos
Bobbie43
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had this issue with the hallmark movie now app. ( I’m assuming it’s the regular hallmark channel you’re having the problem with because that will lock me out on all my Roku’s) what I ended up doing with the movie app after several calls to hallmark was canceling my subscription through Roku and going directly through hallmark. 
I use my direct tv login for the regular hallmark channel and it will lock out and not work for a few days then finally work. 

0 Kudos
Strollem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies. Goal would be to use it via Roku as opposed to streaming from a computer.

The Hallmark app on the Roku presumably doesn't have different iterations that specify what back-end communication is allowing the playback (provider / host / Roku etc).  

In other words, there isn't a separate Hallmark application for the Roku that I know of that would correct the issue.

It would sure be nice to hear from a Roku rep here, given that this is not an isolated incident.

0 Kudos
Strollem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also, Kariza - 

Just a friendly suggestion here - that link you provided is not secure, in spite of the https:// at the beginning, might want to check that out / verify no form of hijacking is happening.

2021-11-29_22h03_23.png

0 Kudos
Strollem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Beuhler.. anyone

0 Kudos
Bobbie43
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I sent you a message with a phone number in private messages. Did  you talk to someone at Roku. At one time they went into my system and fixed the problem 

0 Kudos