Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Freezing ads on hulu

Jump to solution

We have been experiencing the same issues, but only with DVRed shows. I've talked to Hulu Chat multiple times and finally was given these three options today by the agent I chatted with (these are my own words): 1) live with it, 2) switch to Firestick, 3) cancel Hulu. 

It is good to see others are having the same issues though.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu malfunctions during ads

Jump to solution

@Tired 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Hulu directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Hulu channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

The problem is, every time something goes wrong with hulu on roku (and only on roku), hulu and roku blame each other. This goes on for weeks until both programs update again to fix what the last update broke. This time roku is blaming hulu while hulu remains silent.

I’m sure you would agree that a long-term lockdown due to a pandemic is the wrong time for this to happen.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HULU program not playing after a commercial

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening to me. After the ad plays the audio continues while the picture freezes on the ad. This is so frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Looks like alot of people are and nothing is fixing it. My roku tv I've had for years is fine but the roku express I just bought it the one with the issue. Looking like Roku need to do an update. Does anyone that works for Roku check these thread? I can't find a way to contact them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem.... Ugh I just got my roku express+ about 2 months ago I also have just a roku express on my other tv same issue... I know it's not my hulu account because it works on my phone and my mom and brother's roku TV's.... Please please please fix the problem Roku! Smiley MadSmiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried the resetting the device, reset the video input, no ypdates available for HULU, no offense but ROKU kind of messed up in this. There has to be a bug patch that can be done to fix this please. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

It's interesting, some people think it's Roku and others Hulu. Hulu told me they are aware of the issue and "working on it", Roku radio silent.

I just purchased my Express because Hulu was going to stop supporting my old mini device. No previous problems. I don't want to pay more for Hulu, seem absurd if their app is suppose to support the device. I thought about asking for a free upgrade to commercial free to test if it is the commercials but I have the Tubi app which runs commercials, no issue. People have multiple Roku devices, but that seems, some issues, some don't. It really seems to be Roku/Hulu specific.

I wish Roku would acknowledge the problem so many of their customers are having and provide some insight.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

yeah you would think that since Roku literally has a button on their remotes for just Hulu they would have this fixed by now wtf

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If the issue is still unresolved, please feel free to send me a PM with a summary of the issue you are experiencing along with the following information:

-Roku model
-Roku serial number
-device ID
-Roku OS
(these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel build (this can be found by selecting the channel from the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (2)
0 Kudos