Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Freezing ads

Jump to solution

Hi all, I installed my new Roku Express and now having the same issue with Hulu, ad freezings. Hopefully someone from the community will help.

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Hulu malfunctions during ads

Jump to solution

Not really. Now the ads cut off the shows, play all the way through, then a freeze frame of the last ad shows on the screen while the shows’ audio plays in the background.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Freezing ads

Jump to solution

Same issue here

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Freezing ads on hulu

Jump to solution

I also have the issue but found if I hit forward arrow after commercial ends and episode audio starts I can keep watching without that error code popping up. You just hit forward and select screen shot and usually proceeds fine til next commercial freeze. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you. I called Hulu, and I was not the first one to make them aware of the issue. I did the reboot, and delete the channel, nothing new. But I expect no less from a call center agent trying to trouble from a scenario book. Allegedly, it's being worked on, on Hulu's end. Hulu is so "buggy", now I have closed captioning appearing after I fast forward a bit to unfreeze. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I solved my problem with Hulu's freezing ads, after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions, by upgrading from basic Hulu  ($5.99) to Hulu commercial free ($11.99). So far no freezing problems. It is worth $6 not to have to watch the same commercials over & over. Maybe that is why Hulu isn't fixing it. I didn't like having to fast-forward to unstop the commercial freeze.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks. That thought did cross my mind; I thought it was too "conspiracy theory." $5.99 was too good to be true, Disney probably figured that out when it acquired Hulu. I agree, the extra bucks is worth it to cure a constant aggravation. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hulu malfunctions during all shows with commercial interruptions. Only the ad-free shows and those with an ad before and after the show are playing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

And now it’s crashing during ad-free shows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Frezing ads on hulu

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem and it is  annoying