Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HULU program not playing after a commercial

Jump to solution

Same issue since Roku update to 9.3 build 4170 AE on 3930X Roku Express.  Only happens on VOD and not live TV, but extremely frustrating since Rokus on multiple TVs. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The only thing that seems to work is pressing fast forward and play immediately. I also have a theory that hulu wants its customers to switch to ad free. This issue wouldn't happen if it were ad free. We need to get on hulu forums too and complain to them.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ditto on the problems since the update. It’s BS I’ve never had issues like this with 5 years using Roku. It’s incredibly annoying and might result in canceling my Hulu till it’s resolved. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Went on hulu's community help page and they admitted it's a bug and that they are working on fixing it.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for that information.   Do you have a link to that hulu community page?   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Hulu malfunctions during ads

Jump to solution

Hulu is malfunctioning during ads in on-demand shows. Live streaming works fine, as does playback of shows that don’t have ads.

The show plays until the first ad break, then the ad’s audio plays but the screen is black except for the ad’s countdown timer in the upper right hand corner. Playback then crashes and an error message displays instructing me to reboot the device. That doesn’t resolve the issue. Neither does logging out and back in, rebooting the router, clearing the cache, nor resetting the watch history.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu malfunctions during ads

Jump to solution

@Tired 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Spent the morning on chat with Hulu tech support and they know about the bug and are working on a fix, though having issues replicating in house.  Hulu help didn't fix my issue, but was actually useful to know that they are trying.  Worked with them to provide version and model details and when through steps with them to attempt to fix.   Hulu chat is actually pretty good (also used for billing today).

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just chatted with HULU support regarding this issue.   According to chat support, HULU is working on a fix.  However, there is no publicly available page which describes and acknowledges the problem.  In my opinion, the best way to bring pressure upon HULU is to:

1.  Obtain specific ROKU device description.

2. Open a chat session with HULU technical support.  Describe your problem as program video not being displayed after return from VOD tv show ads.  Include device settings in description.   Some older devices are no longer supported.

3. Describe trouble shooting methods already used.  In my case that was unplug ROKU device power for 1 hour, check for ROKU updates and reset ROKU to factory defaults.

4. Ask for probable time on fix being issued.

HULU Chat support is found at:

https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Freezing ads on hulu

Jump to solution

I just chatted with HULU support regarding this issue.   According to chat support, HULU is working on a fix.  However, there is no publicly available page which describes and acknowledges the problem.  In my opinion, the best way to bring pressure upon HULU is to:

1.  Obtain specific ROKU device description.

2. Open a chat session with HULU technical support.  Describe your problem as program video not being displayed after return from VOD tv show ads.  Include device settings in description.   Some older devices are no longer supported.

3. Describe trouble shooting methods already used.  In my case that was unplug ROKU device power for 1 hour, check for ROKU updates and reset ROKU to factory defaults.

4. Ask for probable time on fix being issued.

HULU Chat support is found at:

https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport