Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HULU program not playing after a commercial

Jump to solution

Hulu is fine on my laptop. I just don't know of the problem is on Hulu's side or Roku.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I’ve actually started using my PlayStation4 to watch it because it’s so annoying that I have to forward it to get it to work, and it has happened yet I wasn’t able to use it Long though my son wanted it back to play video games 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue for me too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Freezing ads on hulu

Jump to solution

Hi! i’m having problems with my roku. everytime i’m watching a show on hulu and an ad comes on, it just freezes and stays on the same screen of ad once it is over and the show keeps playing in the background but all i see is the ad. i’ve tried restarting my roku and checked for a system update and none of those things seemed to work. this has been going on for weeks now.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Freezing ads on hulu

Jump to solution

Same issue. Reported a few days ago. I have seen others post the same. No resolution of the problem yet.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Freezing ads on hulu

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with the update last week. I tried a factory reset. That did nothing but wipe passwords. Feeling frustrated.  

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Freezing ads

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue. We tried all the trouble-shooting tips.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here with a Roku Express+ on Hulu. And it's only on the Roku since I've tested it out on my Firestick on the same TV and it powers through the ads without an issue.

ROKU, PLEASE HELP US!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just hooked up a Roku Express today and am experiencing the same problem with Hulu that everyone is describing.  I tried a couple of the suggestions mentioned with no success.  I tried a couple of other apps that have commercials and didn't have the problem.  Haven't had this issue with my Fire sticks or my older Roku device when using Hulu. .  Debating about boxing up the Roku and returning it.  It is too annoying to use this way as Hulu is one of the main apps I use.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here on my express. Tried all the usual methods but no luck! I've also noticed commercials starting early (i.e. cutting part of the program short by 5-10 seconds). I have to pause, rewind a sec or two to get the advert to clear.