Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GohDiamond
Level 8

HULU Exits to Profile page after a program episode ends

Jump to solution

When the currently watched episode of any program ends, #HULU# jumps back to the Profile page or completely quits, going back to the ROKU Home screen
AND #HULU# 's new start up animation is annoying, we don't need the SOUND in the start up animation.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: HULU Exits to Profile page after a program episode ends

Jump to solution

@Littlemermaid 

Make sure when reinstalling, that you follow the order exactly: 1) Remove 2) Restart 3) Reinstall

Otherwise use the link I provided to contact Hulu.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

I tested and couldnt reproduce this behavior.

Try reinstalling Hulu:

1) Remove the Hulu app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the Hulu app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Otherwise, issues with the Hulu app (such as bugs or annoying intros) are Hulu's responsibility - contact Hulu CS: 

https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport

Littlemermaid
Level 7

Jump to solution

This happens to me as well. I have restarted the device, checked for device and app updates, deleted and reinstalled, nothing works. Once what I’m watching ends, it always kicks me back out to the profiles page. 3900X - Roku Express. Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-51

StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Littlemermaid 

Make sure when reinstalling, that you follow the order exactly: 1) Remove 2) Restart 3) Reinstall

Otherwise use the link I provided to contact Hulu.

Foxt
Level 7

Jump to solution

This solution worked for me - thanks!

0 Kudos
GohDiamond
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, that seems to have fixed the problem for now. Cleared up some audio sync issues too.

3800X- Roku Streaming Stick

SW:10.0.0 build4209-55

0 Kudos
Littlemermaid
Level 7

Jump to solution

In case someone reads the responses in this thread and gets as annoyed as I am because you’ve tried... The accepted solution is not 100% reliable as it does not work on my device and I have tried multiple times.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Littlemermaid wrote:

In case someone reads the responses in this thread and gets as annoyed as I am because you’ve tried... The accepted solution is not 100% reliable as it does not work on my device and I have tried multiple times.

Thats a good point - not all solutions work in every case, however, it also doesnt mean its not a solution because it doesnt work in some (some workarounds/solutions are better than others).

Ultimately its Hulu's responsibility to code the app to work more robustly for all supported Roku models in all configurations, so make sure you contact them about the issue:

0 Kudos
Foxt
Level 7

Jump to solution

I spoke too soon - all that did was turn on auto play. When auto play is turned off it goes back to the same glitch. Frustrating! 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Foxt wrote:

I spoke too soon - all that did was turn on auto play. When auto play is turned off it goes back to the same glitch. Frustrating! 

Definitely let Hulu know (Hulu app updates frequently cause dysfunctionality):

0 Kudos