Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerraDeWinter
Level 7

HGTV Go app

I contacted AT&T today to figure out why the HGTV Go app has locked episodes and is telling me "This content is available to viewers who receive HGTV as part of their pay TV subscription." ...when we do subscribe to HGTV, and therefore should have access to everything. We have AT&T U-verse, and are using a Roku Ultra...uninstalled and reinstalled the app, signed out and signed back in...uninstalled the app, rebooted the Roku, signed out and signed back in...nothing solved the issue...until now.

When you are told to go to https://watch.hgtv.com/activate and enter the code that is displayed on your TV screen...do it on a device that is connected to your home Wifi network. I was originally trying to authenticate thru my cell phone's browser, and I don't ever have my phone connected to the WiFi. While I was connected to customer service on my cell phone, I did the authentication through my laptop's browser, and there was a screen that flashed by saying something about being connected to the home network and being automatically logged in. Now...I have access to everything that was locked before.

If anyone else has ever had this issue, I hope this helps!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2\
smax3857
Level 7

Food Network channel go app

I am trying to watch Food channel go app I used the get that activation code but now it just says I do not have that channel in my cable package.  But I do.  I watch it on my other TV downstairs.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Food Network channel go app

Hi @smax3857,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Food Network Go support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos