Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: HGTV GO app is kicking me out when I choose it.

Jump to solution

When were both of yours software updates? On a Roku TV you'd go to home>settings>system>update to see the date it was updated. I'm curious if the unwanted behavior started around that date?

If these are Roku TVs, I would go to system>power and disable "fast start" (if enabled), and do the "restart" from that menu. If that doesn't help, Roku will probably tell you to remove the app, do the restart again, add the app. And, if that doesn't help, then take it up with the streaming app's owner. (But, if the problem coincides with the last update date, welcome to the nightmare...).

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world – to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011) The last update removed all doubt who controls & rules my TV.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: HGTV Go Failure

Jump to solution

My app is working again!

Level 7

Jump to solution

Working for me too.

Haven't heard from Discovery support yet, but it looks like they have fixed the problem.

Level 7

Jump to solution

Woohooo!  Hopefully, mine will be working again when I get home from work.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

It appears the issue has been resolved and it may simply have been a temporary service issue.

If you are still unable resolve the issue you are experiencing, try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, it’s back up and working with VERY limited shows available now. I’m guessing this is because they want people to pay for their Discovery+ app, but I already pay for cable so that’s not happening. 

Thanks for following up!

Level 7

Jump to solution

Exactly. We were in the middle of watching season two of home town when the issue started happening. They had all the seasons with all episodes before the issue, now they took everything off except for two episodes in season one. Yes paying for DIRECTV so I find this very disappointing.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm not surprised. The Discovery+ rollout has been VERY heavy-handed.

It looks like they made a clumsy error while modifying the HGTV Go channel content. Now that the error is fixed, what's left is a Discovery Networks issue out of Roku's control.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Where did all the past seasons of shows go? Why is there only very very limited episodes now only available? I pay for Direct TV which includes HGTV. I am now not getting the service I pay for. Why the dishonest changes and no customer notification HGTV??

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Where did all the past seasons of shows go? Why is there only very very limited episodes now only available? I pay for Direct TV which includes HGTV. I am now not getting the service I pay for. Why the dishonest changes and no customer notification HGTV??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos