Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

HGTV Go Failure

Jump to solution

I am unable to start the HGTV Go channel. This is a new problem; we have been watching it for months,, including this morning, but this afternoon it doesn't work. The same problem happens both on a Roku TV and using a Roku Express. I have tried power-cycling all the relevant devices, deleting/readding the channel, and checking for updates.

The channel displays the home page for about 1 second, then crashes back to the home channel list. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HGTV Go Failure

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

It appears the issue has been resolved and it may simply have been a temporary service issue.

If you are still unable resolve the issue you are experiencing, try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

41 Replies
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here. I've been watching for months. Now (January 12, 2021) within 1-2 seconds HGTV GO bounces right back to ROKU

Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here. Tried both Roku TV and Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m also having this same issue. Only opens for about 3 seconds and then returns to the Roku Home Screen. I have the 4K streaming stick-3810RW

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I have made sure system is updated. Removed and reinstalled hgtv go.   Power cycled and power drained the roku.  Still having the same problem.  

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

So we have a reproducible problem. How does this report get to people who can fix it?

Jump to solution

You would think someone from roku support would see this. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here!! No issues until this evening! Deleting and re-installing does nothing.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

My cynical side can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with Discovery+ having just been launched.

Level 7

HGTV GO app is kicking me out when I choose it.

Jump to solution

I haven't had problems with the app until today and I'm unable to watch anything. I've tried removing the channel and reloading and it didn't work. Does anyone have any advice? The other apps seem to be working as usual.

0 Kudos