Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harleytrike
Level 7

HGTV GO channel not letting me watch.

Jump to solution

getting error which says "This content is available to viewers who receive HGTV as part of their pay TV subscription" but my frontier cable has HGTV. Does anyone know why this is happening?? It is happing with all cable channels they all basically say the same thing but I do have  frontier cable in florida. I am using the roku streaming +

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: HGTV GO channel not letting me watch.

Jump to solution

Are you using more than one cable TV account to authenticate Roku apps? Specifically, the following: 

• Animal Planet
  • Destination America
  • Discovery en Español
  • Discovery Family
  • Cooking Channel
  • Food Network
  • HGTV
  • Travel Channel
  • TLC
  • DIY Network
  • Discovery Familia
  • Oprah Winfrey Network
  • Science Channel
  • Motor Trend

If so, we'll need to troubleshoot that. Too much to write in this response if it's not necessary.

If not, meaning you only use the one, or the ones you use are all authenticated with the same cable service account, we'll need to try a couple of things.

Let us know the answer, and we can probably figure it out.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Jump to solution

Are you using more than one cable TV account to authenticate Roku apps? Specifically, the following: 

• Animal Planet
  • Destination America
  • Discovery en Español
  • Discovery Family
  • Cooking Channel
  • Food Network
  • HGTV
  • Travel Channel
  • TLC
  • DIY Network
  • Discovery Familia
  • Oprah Winfrey Network
  • Science Channel
  • Motor Trend

If so, we'll need to troubleshoot that. Too much to write in this response if it's not necessary.

If not, meaning you only use the one, or the ones you use are all authenticated with the same cable service account, we'll need to try a couple of things.

Let us know the answer, and we can probably figure it out.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
harleytrike
Level 7

Jump to solution

I only have the one cable account that I am using.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Jump to solution

@harleytrike wrote:

I only have the one cable account that I am using.

Do you have multiple apps from that list I offered earlier? Those are all related and an issue can impact them all. 

If so, remove them all from your Roku. If not, remove the single app in question.

Reboot all of your Roku devices.

Reinstall the app (just the one, even if you are using multiple from that list; focus on the others later).

Try logging in to that one app.

Please follow those instructions. Don't skip any. Don't re-arrange them. Do all those, in that order. Let us know how it goes.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
JBUCKINGHAM
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  I have only one paid cable service (Spectrum).  I followed your directions and am still having the problem.  I only had HGTV, Food Network and DIY Network channels added on my ROKU device.  I removed them all, restarted the Roku device and then added those 3 channels back. When I go to the HGTV channel there are still some locked shows.  I add my activate code, but I am getting this message:

"This content is available to viewers who receive HGTV as part of their pay TV subscription" .

used to be able to watch all three channels with no problem.  This message just started about 3 weeks ago.  What is happening????? Thank you for any assistance.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Jump to solution

Those are all members of the Discovery network. Do you also have any of these apps installed?

• American Heroes Channel
  • Animal Planet
  • Cooking Channel
  • Destination America
  • Discovery Channel
  • Discovery en Español
  • Discovery Familia
  • Discovery Family
  • Discovery Life
  • Great American Country
  • Hogar de HGTV
  • Investigation Discovery
  • Motor Trend
  • Oprah Winfrey Network
  • Science Channel
  • TLC
  • Travel Channel

If so, try again with all of the Discovery network apps removed, then reboot all of your Roku devices.

This might not resolve, and let us know if it doesn't. But if one of these has corrupt data, the others could pick up the problem through Roku's Single Sign On process.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
JBUCKINGHAM
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku stick on 2 different TVs.  Do I need to remove all the Discovery-related channel apps on both TVs, restart ROKU, and then add the channels back on each TV?

I tried your suggestion on only one TV and I still cannot see all shows on the HGTV Go channel.

0 Kudos