Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leeroy2
Level 7

HELP to purchase channels

Jump to solution

How do I purchase Channels 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HELP to purchase channels

Jump to solution

@Leeroy2 

Some apps (Roku uses the term "channels") are purchase, and some have subscriptions. To purchase, you'll need to ensure you have a payment method set up at https://my.roku.com/

The simplest way to purchase an app is to use your Roku device to locate the app in the Channel Store, then purchase it from there. You'll then be able do download the app to your devices, which also makes it available on any other device on your Roku account.

Now, if you actually mean a subscription and not a purchase, you have two options. You can subscribe directly in the app, or you can locate the service's Website and subscribe that way.

If you subscribe through Roku, it will bill your payment method you set up earlier. You can only use the subscription on a Roku device tied to your account.

If you subscribe directly to the service, you can use the subscription on any device that has a corresponding app, Roku or otherwise. You'll have to enter the credentials you set up on the service's Website.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HELP to purchase channels

Jump to solution

@Leeroy2 

Some apps (Roku uses the term "channels") are purchase, and some have subscriptions. To purchase, you'll need to ensure you have a payment method set up at https://my.roku.com/

The simplest way to purchase an app is to use your Roku device to locate the app in the Channel Store, then purchase it from there. You'll then be able do download the app to your devices, which also makes it available on any other device on your Roku account.

Now, if you actually mean a subscription and not a purchase, you have two options. You can subscribe directly in the app, or you can locate the service's Website and subscribe that way.

If you subscribe through Roku, it will bill your payment method you set up earlier. You can only use the subscription on a Roku device tied to your account.

If you subscribe directly to the service, you can use the subscription on any device that has a corresponding app, Roku or otherwise. You'll have to enter the credentials you set up on the service's Website.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos