Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empirefalls
Level 7

HDNET Channel "commercial -free" BUT

The HDNET Channel is a channel on satellite, cable,........and in streaming media 

The HDNET Channel  describes itself as "COMMERCIAL FREE!"
But you have to watch 3 or 4 ads , i lost count, Before the actual movie begins which is ad free.
If one is paying for an ad commercial free channel,,,there should be no ads. 
I had HDNET channel years ago, i liked it. A hidden gem of a channel. At the time.

Except for football games,which i am watching less and less,  i have not watched an ad based tv show or movie or anything in about 7 years.  Slowly but surely "no ad pay channels" are sneaking in ads.  Now  i am starting to avoid those channels that are suppose to be "no ad channels" which is easy because i dont have to pay for them any longer

It was mistake for me to add and pay for the HDNET "COMMERCIAL FREE!" channel  this morning to my entertainment package. 

HDNET Channel:
http://www.hdnetmovies.com/
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: HDNET Channel "commercial -free" BUT

How much did you pay for this channel?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

$5 
Which gives Fandor Festival, REELZ, HDNet Movies, SundanceTV, The Film Detective, Cinemoi, Turner Classic Movies

HDNet Movies and TCM, which are suppose to be ad free. Both have ads at the beginning. 
 I pay money for the channels so they are not  free channels, nevertheless, one has sit thu watching stupid, jackarse Ads that presume the viewers are dumbed down  idiots.
 Or booze ads on TCM

As i mentioned , i had HDNet Movies in the past, it was a neat little channel.  Come home from a day of working, Click a movie to escape the stresses of the day, watch.  
Now sit thu dumb ads with dumb people acting in dumb ad skits trying to sell products.
0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 10

That sucks, have you reached out to HDNET for help with this since it is their content and channel?
0 Kudos
reddice
Level 7

No wonder more people are cutting the cord in America.
Charter Spectrum.
My Router: Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.4-140 K26ARM USB VPN-64K.
My Primary Streaming Devices: Fire TV Box (2nd Gen), Roku Premiere.
Cats are the best pets.
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

This happen ,HDNET channel, in streaming media
As i have said many times, what went on with satellite/cable, is and continuing to move into streaming media. In some ways worse.
2011-2015ish, were the golden years of streaming media.  
0 Kudos