Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitech

roku update to ver 10.5.0 broke HDHomerun & Pluto on all rokus in my house

To roku support, All the roku tvs in my house will not play HDHomerun or Pluto since thisupdate that so many people are complaining about. I tried to force the ver back to 10.0 by following the posted instructions. 'settings, system,system update, check now'. All I get 'all software up to date'. I tried to uninstall the apps that don't work, reboot the roku, reinstalled the apps. Still the same. Please fix this.

Re: Roku Media Player Problem with HDhomerun

Have the same problem with Roku stick recently = when trying to fast forward receive a message that states Roku does not support fast forward for HDHomeRun = this happened just recently - so I think it they changed their program as a way to get more $$$ from HDHomeRun = they recently had an issue with Amazon. Looks like it is time to try Alexa

0 Kudos
Ghostdog6

Re: HD Homerun App keeps getting kicked back to guide screen

Nearly two years later and the issue persists.  How unfortunate.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ghostdog6

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EricHogue0
Channel Surfer

Has Roku actually been investigating this issue? I can see that you've been merging other threads into this one and promising to investigate the issue, but obviously Roku is still not all that compatible with HDHomerun despite the time that has passed. It's hard for me to believe that Roku lacks the technical expertise to actually get HDHomerun functioning on the same level that it does for all my other devices.

The error today is "Roku player error: malformed data." I'm having no issues using the HDHomerun app on any other devices.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EricHogue0

Thanks for the post.

It doesn't look like you've provided us with all of the information we originally requested. Once we have all of the information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EricHogue0
Channel Surfer

Dear Danny,

Please be specific.

A response was provided to your initial request for additional information on 10-24-2021 as well as a response to your followup question on 11-21-2021. You have not yet responded to my 11-21-2021 post, so it is unclear to me what additional information you need. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EricHogue0

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us with all of the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EricHogue0
Channel Surfer

Dear Danny,

Your post appears to be roughly identical to your 10-26-2021 post in this thread, which I responded to on 11-21-2021. Please identify which specific portions of my 11-21-2021 response to you were insufficient, if any. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@EricHogue0

Thanks for the post

It doesn't look like you've provided the actual Roku device information:

-Can you also please note from which device you generated the Tracker ID from?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos