Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricHogue0
Level 7

HDHomerun and Plex crash out on Roku, Windows App works fine

I have multiple Roku TVs all updated and with up to date Plex and HDHomerun apps. I'm trying to use them to watch live OTA TV, but HDHomerun consistently drops out to channel select and Plex reloads and freezes on channels. The really weird thing is the HDHomerun app for my Windows laptop works almost flawlessly at the same time that I'm constantly dropping the same channel with Roku. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
wb2dyb
Level 9

Roku and HDHomeRun problem

I have 9 Roku devices. Mostly Express. Five currently in use. I just added HDHomeRun at my house. It works way better than expected on my Samsung TV, through my Sony Blue Ray, etc. But with the Roku devices...it loads the channel, discovers the device presents the channel line up and select one, any one and they play fine...for 30 seconds, then blank screen with a partial "horizontal bar". On four I have tested so far. Looking at the HDHomeRun stats the reception is good but stream was stopped by the Roku, as reported in the log file of the homerun. So clearly a Roku issue. Unfortunately been here before with Roku's total lack of support and no engineering effort to fix a network problem last year. I have bought my last Roku device unless they fix this issue which I'm sure they are not capable of. Horrible company. Very poor management. 

I dare Roku to fix this problem, but pretty sure they won't. And don't hand me this nonsense of "remove app and re-install". That's nonsense.

0 Kudos