Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geohart
Reel Rookie

Re: HDHomeRun Channel does not play content

I just wanted to add that I just bought a new TCL 40" Roku TV, with the intention of using it with my HDHomerun Prime tuners.  But after installing the HDhomerun app, I get the same symptoms as described here: it finds my tuners, and shows the channel list and correct guide, but when I select a program, screen goes black and a progress bar appears for a moment, then back to the program list.

So, if someone technical could respond to Silicondust's requests, we would appreciate it.

thanks in advance,

Geoff

Sross

J'ai me même maudi problème...

Encore de l'argent de gaspiller .. je savais que je devais achetter cette marde de Roku.

... Qui va prendre le chemin de la poubelle. (rale)

0 Kudos

I am using a Roku 3 with Hdhomerun Connect Quattro.  I have 6 local stations. Only one, CTV (Canadian Television Network Bell Media inc) wont play. What is going on here? All the stations work properly on my Firesticks. Roku get your act together or I will never buy another of your devices again!

0 Kudos
wmp1

Hi,

Same problem here.  I thought I was doing something wrong. Guess not.

If you have an xbox you can hook to the TV, you can use the HDhomerun app on that.  It works fine if you don't mind navigating with an xbox controller.

Kinda clunky but until they work this out,at least you can use the TV with HdHomerun.

0 Kudos
jmcgee
Reel Rookie

Ya such a bummer.  A half working app 😞

0 Kudos
MBinNC
Reel Rookie

It really is a mess of an app. When it works - it works great. Other times it just is impossible to use. Have 55" TCL Roku TV. Channels play fine but playback just randomly stops a few minutes in (sometimes less than a minute, sometimes 10+ minutes in). Starts right back up but seriously - I'm not pressing OK twice every few minutes. Play HDHomeRun on Win 10? Rock solid. Upgraded firmware from the May 2020 build to the Sep 2020 build, but no change in the Roku playback. Uninstalled/reinstalled the app hoping it would help. Nope. 

Even tried playing the live TV through my Plex server - but that's hit or miss (despite the DVR feature of Plex working like a champ and having no trouble with Plex on Roku) and ridiculous to pipe live tv through a secondary device. 

So watching football on my PC monitor for now unless I time shift off the Plex server.

Hope they fix this at some point!

0 Kudos
MGWiz
Reel Rookie

Do any other players, i.e. Fire TV or Apple TV work well?  Has anyone tried these?  Most of my viewing is OTA, HDHomerun > Roku.  I'm pretty fed up.  The streaming services I use are all available on other platforms, the question is which platform works well with the HDHR?  

0 Kudos
geohart
Reel Rookie

FireTV works fine, that's the route I'm going with for now (wife-proof).  Android TV also worked fine (we used to use Nexus Players, and Sony Android TVs).  I don't have an Apple TV to try.

0 Kudos
RichyFL
Channel Surfer

Well a bunch of folks are having the same issue, silicone dust says its a issue with roku....from the lack of attention by roku I tend to agree.  Are you going to fix this or should I buy a product from a competitor that actually works?

0 Kudos
cqcq42
Binge Watcher

Since Roku gives no indication they are trying to fix this (they won’t even provide a list of audio/video codecs supported) I guess I’ll look into Fire TV.

In addition to the HDHomeRun problem, I am having a miserable experience with Peacock as noted by others on the forum. Those problems are also met with a great silence from Roku.

0 Kudos