Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP ERROR on certain channels. New Roku.

HDCP ERROR ON Apple TV, but other channels fine. I am receiving only audio on Apple TV I have restarted etc, but each time I get same. Also all new pws and ids need to be restarted. This is a new Roku.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: HDCP ERROR on certain channels. New Roku.

Sounds like you may have a defective HDMI cable.  What happens if you connect the Roku device via an HDMI selector box?

What is the model number of your Roku device?  Find it on the bottom of the unit itself, or the bottom of the packaging.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply. The model # X00376XD8B. The other channels work on the existing HDMI, so I don't know if it's the cable. I am hesitant to unplug because I've spent a lot of time re- registering subscriptions.

Appreciate any help

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@consumer326 wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply. The model # X00376XD8B. The other channels work on the existing HDMI, so I don't know if it's the cable. I am hesitant to unplug because I've spent a lot of time re- registering subscriptions.

That's the serial number, not the model number. Unplugging the Roku will not require logging back into your various subscriptions. That would only happen if you did a factory reset and then need to set the Roku back up as new. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Sorry to keep going on, but I have same problem on a second Roku. Also, my bad luck, the LE I just purchased does not support screen mirroring.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@consumer326

What are the model numbers of both of your Rokus?   The model number is usually a 4-digit number, followed by the letter X.  On the bottom of the packaging, it is referred to as the stock keeping unit number.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Asher202 wrote:

I get a prompt of some sort that says hdcp secure link on a Xbox with no internet or router attached are they related, also I am someone different whom the movie people make movies about in life and for the last two years or so all i see is stuff related to that aspect and it's disgusting it's a circle here or cir us show and it's sad if people only knew how myself is done in life I'm sure roku wouldn't promote the situation  there basically tying to gaslight myself and even my internet it's self is altered and phone lines too it's all so sick maybe I'd enough people complain it will stop there echoing my thought and keep messing with my body via satellite 

Do you own a RokuTV set? If not, the issue you’re experiencing has nothing to do with Roku.  In fact, Roku doesn’t even manufacture the RokuTV sets themselves (assuming that’s what you probably have); instead it’s simply an integrated RokuOS system licensed to several TV brands, most particularly TCL, Hisense, Onn/Walmart and Insignia/Best Buy.  In this case, you’re probably better off contacting your TV’s manufacturer.

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos