Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HD & UHD tracks on amazon music app not showing up on roku 4

I have a Roku 4 that I have had for several years now.  About a year ago, I purchased a subscription through Amazon with HD and Ultra HD music tracks.  For months I was able to listen to these high quality tracks through the Roku 4, and the songs and albums always showed the labels for HD and UHD.  Recently the tracks that were HD and UHD stopped showing up in the Amazon Music app for Roku.  They still show up on my phone and tablet.  I called Amazon to ensure my HD subscription was still enabled, I rebooted the Roku 4 several times, checked for updates, and still no luck.  Amazon states it is not on their end, and has no suggestions for a fix.  Is anyone else having this issue with the Roku 4? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: HD & UHD tracks on amazon music app not showing up on roku 4

Personally, I wouldn't believe Amazon. They are in control of the programming of the channel, not Roku. Now, could a Roku firmware update have caused a problem with the channel? Certainly, wouldn't be the first time. But unless you're one of the users that has received 9.3.0 recently, there hasn't been any other update that might have caused the issue.

Even if it was 9.3 that caused a problem, the channel developers are responsible for ensuring the OS update doesn't cause issues. They receive advance copies of the firmware for testing, so if there was a problem they can address it before the OS rollout. Can you confirm what version Roku OS you have, and what date it shows for the update? If that date isn't somewhere close to when you issue appeared, then it's completely on Amazon. Knowing the problems that Amazon has had with their video streaming over the last few months with HD and UHD content, I'm even more leaning towards the problem being on their end. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks atc98092 for getting back to me on this issue - that very well could be the problem.  However, it appears to just be limited to the Roku in this case, as the HD and UHD tracks are all labeled and functional on all my other devices.  I've considered the problem could be with the particular app that Amazon is pushing out to the Roku platform.  I'm at work now and don't have access to my Roku, however I did a manual search for an update on the Roku last night and it showed the unit has the latest update, I'm just not sure of the version.  I will get back in touch with Amazon today and see if I can shake any more trees.  In the meantime, if you or anyone else has any ideas I would really appreciate it.  No use paying for HD tracks if I can't listen to them...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

One thing to remember when you have a problem with one platform but not another, is that the major streaming providers use different servers for different platforms. So a Roku is fed from server farm A, while a Fire TV device might be fed from server farm B, and so on. So it still could be a server side problem, but not all of their servers. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos