Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HD Homerun App keeps getting kicked back to guide screen

When watching HD Homerun app, I am repeatedly kicked out of the show and back to the guide.  While watching a 1 hour show, it will happen at least once and frequently multiple times.  It is frustrating to say the least.

I have the issue when using either the Roku Ultra or the Roku Streaming Stick+.   All other apps work well (Philo, Netflix, Pluto, Tubi, etc.).

I can watch the HD Homerun app on my Android phone and on my windows laptop and I do NOT experience this issue.

The Roku devices are up-to-date.  The Ultra box is for the main TV and is running sfw version 9.3.0, build 4194-46.

We have tried un-installing the HD Homerun App & re-installing, but that hasn't helped.

Do you have any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: HD Homerun App keeps getting kicked back to guide screen

When reinstalling, be sure you restart the Roku between uninstalling and reinstalling the channel.  This assures no vestiges of the channel remain in memory so you get a complete install of the latest version of the channel.

If that doesn't work, bring the problem to the attention of HD Homerun, as they are the ones who develop and maintain their channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for the ideas.  I have just done that & will report back in a day or so with an update.

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Uninstalled, restarted the Roku, re-installed & still have the issues. Guess I will try to get in touch with the Silicon Dust (HD Homerun) folks.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Contacted the Silicon Dust (HD Homerun folks).  They told me to contact the Roku folks because "their player isn't reacting properly to the OTA".

I don't expect anyone to answer this, but this is frustrating.

0 Kudos