Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n37
Reel Rookie

HBOmax doesn't show on the channel list

Hi, 

when I try to add the HBO max to my roku, I cannot find the channel on the channel search.

I already tried to do a factory reset and still no luck

I have a ROKU 3920EU running software version 10.5.0 build 4208-91.

did you guys already had a similar issue? any ideias on how to solve it?

thanks,

n37

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBOmax doesn't show on the channel list

@n37 

Are you in a Roku supported country?

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

If not, it's possible the app developer hasn't approved the Roku app in that country.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Edit

0 Kudos
makaiguy

HBO wrote their HBO MAX Roku App to run on Roku devices running Roku software 10.0 or higher.
(Source: https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001243, 19 March 2022, check for updates)

Note that some older Roku devices may not update to Roku software 10.0x. Check your Roku software version via Settings > System > About.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
n37
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I am in Portugal. So no..

is there anyone outside the supported countries that managed to install hbo app? 

thanks dbdukes for your comment.

thanks

norberto

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@n37  You cannot install HBO Max on your Roku unless you live in one of the supported countries 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Streamer317 wrote:

@n37  You cannot install HBO Max on your Roku unless you live in one of the supported countries 

That may not be universally correct.

My understanding is when a service submits a Roku-compatible version of its channel app to Roku, it is given a checklist of the geographical regions officially supported by Roku and must specify in which of those regions its service is to be available. There also is a "Rest of World" option that may be selected to instruct Roku to make the app available even in areas not specifically supported by Roku. Roku honors these choices and will only make the channel app available where specifically authorized by the service provider.

If a particular channel is available in your region via other platforms but not on Roku, then it's likely the channel has not authorized Roku to enable it in your region. I would suggest you contact the channel about this directly, but don't be surprised if all the front line support people at the channel know is the content of their own press releases and do not understand that Roku is following the restrictions placed by their own service when submitting their app to Roku.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos