Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

HBOMax now available on roku devices starting 12-17-20

Jump to solution

For anyone who has been as frustrated as I am with Roku not having HBO Max channel no need to worry. HBOMax will be available tomorrow 12-17-20. 😁

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/12/roku-owners-finally-get-a-crack-at-hbo-max-six-months-after-l...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

Re: HBOMax now available on roku devices starting 12-17-20

Jump to solution

I just updated the old HBO app and it now opens up as HBOMax. Works fine on my t.v. I'm subscribed through Amazon and I have a TCL Roku t.v.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
54 Replies
Level 18

Jump to solution

Confirmed.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/16/21272058/hbo-max-roku-watch-wonder-woman-1984-movies-amazon-fire...

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Level 18

Jump to solution

bump

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Nothing yet on my 4670X Roku Ultra sw: 9.4.0 build 4200-46

:-/

Level 7

Jump to solution

Still not available as of 4:00 AM MST on 12/17/20.

Any update on when on 12/17/20 it will go live yet ?

Level 7

Jump to solution

The only thing available at the time of this writing (6:55am, 12/17/20) is just hbo go. I've tried everything to get the max version but it's still not available. Maybe they will be rolling out an auto update later today. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me

Level 7

Jump to solution

That's all I am seeing as well... only the basic HBO streaming channel and not the HBO Max channel

Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm sure there will be a mass rollout later today. There is a press release and plenty of articles to confirm this is happening...be patient guys, I'm waiting too.

Level 7

Jump to solution

Today is 12-17-20 and I tried searching for HBO Max. The only thing that pops up is the old HBO one. This is very frustrating. 

Level 9

Jump to solution

Like everyone else, I cannot get HBOMax yet this AM.  Maybe I am being a little impatient after such a long wait.  Anyway, I signed up for HBOMax many months ago and continue to able to watch HBO on Roku.  Hoping later today this will all be cleared up.  Stay tuned.