Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob8159
Level 7

HBOMax login problem after it left Amazon

I had HBOmax through Prime, but once HBOmax left I had to creat a new account. However I cannot sign into my Roku since it only takes me to the “create an account” opinion even if I push the existing account or sign in option.  Is anyone else having this issue? I Googled how to fix this and nothing has helped. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBOMax login problem after it left Amazon

HBO Max has one screwed up login process.  I've heard that if you try to start a program it will then ask you to log in.  There also may be a way that's hidden off screen, so try navigating around using the arrows.  I don't have/use HBO Max, so these are just things I've read here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBOMax login problem after it left Amazon

@rob8159 

I just went through HBO Max setup with a family member. The family member subscribed through https://hbomax.com and used those credentials on the Roku to sign in. This was yesterday, so unless there's some glitch that's developed today, the process works.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos