Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britbuck

HBO MAX plays only one episode of Maher

My HBO Max app on my Roku TV suddenly will play only one episode of Bill Maher's Real Time. I think it is about a year old and his first show from his backyard. It shows that one no which episode I try to watch. I was going to complain to HBO but discovered the channel works just fine from their website. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO MAX plays only one episode of Maher

Hi @Britbuck,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 
You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
DBrian7
Reel Rookie

I’ve been having the same problem as Britbuck. It has happened for two of Bill Maher’s most recent shows, March 26th and April 9th. I watch this show using a Roku Premiere with Comcast internet. I have tried the usual troubleshooting fixes, i.e., deleting the HBO Max app, then re-installing; re-booting Roku; re-booting the router/modem. Nothing works. Like Britbox, the channel works just fine on my laptop from HBO’s website. So it is not an HBO problem.

-- Dennis

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You can't compare the functionality of HBO Max on a Roku with any other device. They are not using the same app at all, so you're comparing apples to oranges. If it worked on one Roku but not another, that would be different. But a laptop or some other streaming player, not comparable. 

When you remove a channel to resolve things like this, make sure you reboot the Roku before you add the channel back in. If you don't reboot it, the removal was never actually accomplished. So, remove-reboot-reinstall, in that exact order. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you need to contact HBO and advise them of their channel issue. Roku does not create the channels for 3rd party providers (which is almost every channel available), and cannot resolve programming issues with those channels. Only the channel provider can do that. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ricopet

yes yes yes

can get no answer from anybody started 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
ricopet

yes. exactly. got no help at roku or hbomax

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@ricopet wrote:

yes. exactly. got no help at roku or hbomax

There's nothing Roku can do to help. This is completely an HBO issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Eastonjim
Reel Rookie

Same issue. Very frustrating that neither company seems to want to resolve this. 

0 Kudos
DBrian7
Reel Rookie

I found a workaround that allows you to watch the most recent episode of Real Time with Bill Maher on TV. On the Home Screen in the section called New Episodes This Week, click on Bill Maher. Then it will show you what appears to be the most recent episode. It isn’t, so don’t click Play. Instead, scroll down to the rows of past episodes. The very last one on the bottom should be the most recent. Click on that and then click Play. (This also works for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, which has the same problem. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more shows that have the same problem.)

0 Kudos

tied that, no help at all

0 Kudos