Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkesther
Level 7

HBOMAX LANGUAGES AUDIO OPTIONS

Hi. On Roku TV HBOMAX does not has the option to listen audio in Spanish??

9 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: HBOMAX LANGUAGES AUDIO OPTIONS

Ask HBO about it.  Roku has nothing to do with it.

0 Kudos
Prince_shutter7
Level 7

Nope, this is definitely a Roku TV issue. I can change audio languages for several anime films with the HBO MAX app on my iPhone, but Roku tv has no option. Buggy. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Prince_shutter7

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
istelecom
Level 8

no all movies/series on roku are in second languages, but i try some example (Wonder Woman 84, and another) in Spanish (is my first language and I  live in mexico) when they are in the app, I watch in spanish,

When you start the movie or serie, they say is avaliable in Spanish just before start the movie/serie.

This is in Roku 4

Cuauhtemoc Morales

0 Kudos
Jgsabinop
Level 7

The problem is from Roku because from my iPhone I can change the language and from my Cromecast I can also have it

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @Jgsabinop

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the developer themselves. We highly recommend reaching out directly to HBO Max support to report the issue and for further help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact them here: https://help.hbomax.com/

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Lesasago
Level 7

I have the same issue. Same account in a Samsung tv I am able to switch the language to Spanish, but in my roku tv I am not able to do it. Again, it is the same account and the same program. It is not an HBO Mac issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lesasago

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that watching a channel through a Roku device is much different than watching a channel/app through a TV as they are two different platforms. As stated previously, channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the developer themselves. We highly recommend reaching out directly to HBO Max support to report the issue and for further help. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jgsabinop
Level 7

They answered me this, I for my part will have to buy a Cromecast .. Roku must demand them and press to solve the problem

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Hi Jose,

Thank you for contacting HBO Max Customer Support. My name is Ryan and I will be your Customer Advocate.

At this time the HBO Max app for Roku devices does not support changing the subtitle language nor the language of the audio track. These features will be released for Roku devices at a later date.

We currently do not have a date for release of these features.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please reply to this email or give us a call at 855-4-HBOMax (855-442-6629). We're here to help 24/7.

Thank you,

Ryan B.
HBO Max Customer Advocate

0 Kudos