Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bokonon82
Level 8

HBOMAX Audio randomly cutting out

Audio is randomly cutting out ONLY on HBOMAX. Currently watching the PBS app without issue. I've had this issue before but it's cutting out longer now. Audio is dropping as long as ten seconds. It's unwatchable.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBOMAX Audio randomly cutting out

Restart your Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart)

Recommendation:  Restart at the start of every viewing session (or once daily).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bokonon82
Level 8

That doesn't help. First thing I did. Every other channel is fine. It's ONLY HBOMAX and this happened before. Right now I'm trying to watch a show and audio cuts out every other second. I could play music to the beat of the audio cutting.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Remove the app, RESTART Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!, Re-install the app - try again

3) Change to stereo output:  Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM Stereo, Settings/Audio/Audio Mode=Stereo  - try again

StreamerUser

0 Kudos
bokonon82
Level 8

Yeah yeah. Did all this multiple times and it's ONLY one app that I've had this same issue with before on a DIFFERENT device but not my MacBook.

This device is 3811X Roku Streaming Stick+. Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-50

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Your last option - since it only affects HBO Max - is to contact HBO Max (they code and develop and publish the app).

https://help.hbomax.com/us/ContactUs

StreamerUser

0 Kudos