Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

HBOGO useable Roku devices for 08/01/2020 ?

Anyone know which devices will work with HBOGo after 07/31/2020?

I need a 4k HDR device that works with HBOGo on 08/01/2020.

Any Help Out There?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: HBOGO useable Roku devices for 08/01/2020 ?

If I remember the report correctly, HBO is removing HBOGo completely. So it likely won't be available on any device by any manufacturer. They are going to use HBO Max exclusively starting Aug 1. Of course, Max isn't available yet on Roku or Fire TV devices. If you want HBO starting next month, you'll need an Android or Apple TV device. It is available on the Nvidia Shield, which does 4K HDR fine. 

Of course, AT&T and Roku may come to their senses before Aug 1, in which case HBO Max would be available on Roku devices. No idea if that will happen, and assuming it does it probably won't work on the older devices. But since you want 4K/HDR, I would expect all 4K/HDR Roku devices to support it if/when it happens. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@ms2 wrote:

Anyone know which devices will work with HBOGo after 07/31/2020?

I need a 4k HDR device that works with HBOGo on 08/01/2020.

Any Help Out There?

Thanks

If you go to the channel info page for HBO Go, it says "HBO Go will no longer be available on this device starting July 31, 2020. Contact HBO GO Support for additional ways to access HBO. '"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@atc98092 wrote:

If I remember the report correctly, HBO is removing HBOGo completely. So it likely won't be available on any device by any manufacturer. They are going to use HBO Max exclusively starting Aug 1. Of course, Max isn't available yet on Roku or Fire TV devices. If you want HBO starting next month, you'll need an Android or Apple TV device. It is available on the Nvidia Shield, which does 4K HDR fine. 

Of course, AT&T and Roku may come to their senses before Aug 1, in which case HBO Max would be available on Roku devices. No idea if that will happen, and assuming it does it probably won't work on the older devices. But since you want 4K/HDR, I would expect all 4K/HDR Roku devices to support it if/when it happens. 

One can access HBO through HBO NOW after 7/31/2020. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Spoke to HBO MAX and informed me that hbo now is being renamed hbo and if you have a subscription to download it on 7/31 and sign in as there will be still HBO no go or now and e mail saved to verify do feel good I won’t lose hbo and sometime in future we might have hbo Max. Just sharing my info

0 Kudos