Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: HBO Max on Roku with DirecTV account?

Jump to solution

@Lalaelena - Tried to tag you in my response to @hmwilson67 (below) - but couldn't.  Check out their reply, and my response to it.  Seemed to work for us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO Max on Roku with DirecTV account?

Jump to solution

Go into your hbo max account and assign a password. Then used that hbo max username and password in the roku hbo max app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO on Roku with DirecTV account?

Jump to solution

Doesn’t do you any good if you have HBO through DIRECTV. You can’t use your DIRECTV subscription through Roku. So Danny what are the options other than having to buy a subscription to HBO through Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: This Is Ridiculous

Jump to solution

Yes setup password and email on hbo app on phone then go to Roku hbo and login using hbo email and password. Thanks for the info 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: HBO on Roku with DirecTV account?

Jump to solution

I just ran up against this issue today.  First I logged into DirecTV to make sure my login info was right.  It was.  So I get a customer service rep in a chat.  That dimwit tells me I need to change my DirecTV password to meet HBO's login parameters.  I do that and still no dice.  He hands me off to someone else.  Who can't figure anything out and hands me off to someone else.  I get increasingly frustrated and do a simple Google search and find this thread.

I'm so pissed off at HBO and DirecTV right now.  Waste hours of my time with dimwit customer service who haven't bothered to keep themselves up to speed on things going on between their company and their partners?!  No one thought to save me time and simply inform me that, "Oh, yeah.  HBO just isn't going to let you use your DirecTV login anymore on Roku????"  "You have to watch on another device???" 

Grumble, grumble, *wishing I had a whiffle ball bat*, grumble, idjits.

0 Kudos