Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IvanSosa

HBO max subtitles/Dub issues

Jump to solution

HBO max on my Roku express isn't  letting me change subtitles/audio to Spanish. The same movies offer Spanish audio/subs on computer browser and on a the smart TV HBO max app. when i press the (*) button on the Roku controller it just gives the English options. I wouldn't say this is an HBO Max problem since all the other platforms allow me to change the language. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO max subtitles/Dub issues

Jump to solution

@AncienLord

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Some channels chose not to use the default Roku controls for things like audio choices, etc, preferring to access these via their own controls.  I've always assumed they do this to keep their controls consistent on the various platforms/devices they support.

I don't have an HBO subscription so I cannot check this for you.  One common way to access a channel's controls is via the cursor up/down buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AncienLord
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, thats the reason i am here, why HBO Max in Roku don't let me change the english to Spanish, in the computer i see movies in Spanish and in the Roku Ultra don't let me. i try to Update everything and nothing happen. I need to Cancel because don't let me the option.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AncienLord

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

HBO DOES **bleep** TO HELP SPANISH SPEAKERS WATCH THEIR WHITE SHOWS. SOMEONE PLEASE INVENT THE APP OMFG 

0 Kudos
Germancito

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my roku ultra but on my channel master stream media player CM-7600 I have also hbo max and I have no problem to switch it to a spanish. On my channel master hbo max shows the Version 50.20.0.173 and on my roku ultra shows the hbo max version 50.10 .

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Germancito

I hope you're doing well.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. Since the subtitle/audio issue is within HBO Max, it'll be best to reach out to their support team directly to report the issue and for further help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact their support here: https://help.hbomax.com/

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
gui1986

Jump to solution

Here's how you change it.

- Play any movie / serie

- click on the Star button on the remote

- Go to Accessibility > Caption track > español

rokser

Jump to solution

Solved, do it in the roku options Closed captioning and turn your subtitles on or change the language. HBO developers app is a shame.

AncienLord
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for write, I am happy now, i can use HBO in my Roku Ultra.

Thanks

0 Kudos